Friday, February 8, 2013

How on earth do you grow your colored hair out and go natural (GREY) .......?
I decided to answer this question with my own personal experience.
You could simply stop coloring your hair and look really stupid for a year OR three OR
cut it off and start from scratch!  I've had a burning desire to shave my head and be done with it, but I don't get much positive feedback when I talk about it!  Back in my twenties, I  kept that hair of mine cropped super short and dyed petal pink (god I loved that!)
Now I'm 44 with a fine crop of nice white streaks hidden under layers upon layers of color......first step, cutting my hair-to-the-middle-of-my-back off at the chin! That was the greatest release from the stagnation of the ponytail I've ever had-I highly recommend it:)
Why are we so scared of change?  Blows my mine how women are revered "sexy" will über long, dry nasty hair, gaping cleavage, and lips injected to look like they've been punched!   Ugh!
It's just my nature to rebel.......so I'm taking the plunge and going really short and growing my hair out to its natural color.  I figured I have enough color on the rest of my body, I might as well have no color on my hair:)
There are other things you can do to grow out your colored hair besides cutting it all off such as bleach highlights and other color techniques, but you still are coloring it.  It ain't easy.......sorry.
I'll report back with pics of my short hair and the "growing out" process, so stay tuned!
XOXO
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment